Monday, December 24, 2007

Holiday Training (or Lack Thereof) Blues

Christmas is like a training black void. For the past several weeks, class attendance has be lower due to all the merry-making associated with the season. And this next week will be even worse with my MMA coach gone for a whole week.

I'm trying to make up for the lack of training sessions with my coach by training with various partners I have, but ultimately it won't be as intense. That coupled with all the extra eating and drinking that seem unavoidable at this time of the year, I worry that I'll be set back come January.

For other people in the same predicament, all I can suggest is to take it easy on the food and booze. Indulge but don't over indulge, especially if you have a big event or tournament coming up. And if you can fit in a work-out here and there, even if it's not as much as you usually do, you'll thank yourself come January.

Happy holidays to one and all!

No comments: